.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Expo Reminder & Drinks Gathering Announcement

So, first of all, I wanted to remind you all one last time about the two seminars I am teaching at this year's Screenwriting Expo. After being named a Star Speaker the last three years at the Expo, I've been invited back to present my most popular seminar from last year, "Effective Use of Flashbacks and Voiceovers."

Even more exciting for me is the new seminar I will be teaching this year: "Writing in a Web 2.0 World." In preparing this seminar, I've had the chance to speak to many professionals who are very involved in the world of web video, and the like, and have also read and watched a ton of material on the subject. The seminar will exploring what is unique about writing scripts for the web, as well as highlighting ways to market yourself, network, and straight out work using Web 2.0 technologies.

Furthermore, I wanted to spread the word about this year's 4th Annual post-Expo Scribosphere Drinks gathering on Sunday night. All are welcome to join, so please come if you are at the Expo, or just feel like popping over anyway. This year we'll be returning to the scene of the first year's gathering, the beautiful Moroccan-themed (and nearby) Figueroa Hotel, and we will be at the poolside bar. The Fig is at 939 S. Figueroa St., 90015 (for your GoogleMaps-ing pleasure), and is easy walking distance from the Convention Center. Figure we'll start by around 6:00 on Sunday evening, though I may arrive sooner. We'll end whenever things just wind down naturally!

Feel free to leave a note here, or email me, to let me know that you'll be joining. Also, if you'll be attending the Expo and want to meet up some other time, feel free to get in touch as well!

Hope to see many of you there!

Tags: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily Blake said...

I'm not sure if I'll be there or not. I have to be up very early the next morning.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Ahsanul Karim said...

nice news. See my blog www.myfunbank.blogspot.com

4:24 PM  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

Hey Joel -- Hope all is well! If you're around for the '09 Expo it would be great to catch up then.
Cheers.
-Scribe

12:10 AM  
Blogger Allen said...

rip.

6:15 AM  
Blogger what the crust said...

i wish!

http://www.nyfa.com/film_school/programs/screenwriting/

6:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...



Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home