.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Rocking On

You all know that I try to keep this blog screenwriting and film centric, and that whenever I post something that is somewhat "off topic" I always try to force the post into meeting my mission statement. So I will do nothing different here!

As you know, Saturday was my birthday. I had a bigass karaoke birthday party at the cool Boardwalk 11, and among the numerous guests were a few notable Scribospherians (though too many others were sadly absent). Thanks to all of you who did make it out, and you others were definitely missed! So that in itself ties it to the Scribosphere. Beyond that, however, life experience is such a part of writing, and with each passing year, I (presumably) gain more of it.

Lastly, however, I have a mini movie for y'all. It was shot by the rather-fun-herself Shawna (repeated Scribosphere connection), and is of me rocking out on a rendition of my Garden State homeboys Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive." Indeed, I have seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all.



What else? Oh, some of my improvisatory asides you might not have been able to hear:

The karaoke screen at the beginning showed a picture of some guy sitting on horseback atop a cliff. So I mentioned that I loved that picture, and that it made me "feel like more of a man." :-) I also commented on the "spooky" sounding guitar towards the beginning. And of course there was the "beer break" that brought a laugh from Shawna.

By the way, as an added bit of film connection, I intend to post soon about sites like YouTube (where the vid is posted), and how viral vids are changing things for us all. So if any of you have significant experiences, I'd love to hear about them!

Oh, and thanks to both Shawna and Kristen for singing. Chris -- we'll have to get you up there next time!

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger taZ said...

MAN, you're a singer!!

Maybe that's your real call...

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kidsis said...

So bummed I misssed it. My fav karaoke place, and Bon Jovi! Happy B-day, and thanks again for coming to my reading!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel has a fantastic singing voice, seriously. Thanks again for the invite! I hope you had a great birthday. Please let me know the next time you have another party. I have a goal of hitting every karaoke joint in the greater metro area.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet FJ, make it a million and one rocked.:)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Eh. Pretty good. But you call that a signature? Seriously. You will always be one half of the most kosher Rock Lobster I've ever had the fortune to witness. And say it with me: Hooba! Hooba! Stankstankstank!!

Happy birthday...sorry I had to miss it.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Kira Snyder said...

Joel, wow, you're a ringer! *Flicks Bic*

Happy Belated Birthday -- looks like a fab time was had by all.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home