.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Let's Play Connect the Dots!

Noticed a bit of a spike in readers of the blog today. Wondered why. Studied the stats. Turns out that the Scribosphere Meme is still going! And it just made its way onto the blog of Hollywood Reporter columnist Anne Thompson. From there, it somehow also appeared as a link on a news page of the WGA East. Cool!

So first of all, I'd like to welcome all the new visitors, and invite you to return down the road in the future. We have a nice warm place here full of screenwriting and film-centric info, even if I did most recently digress into rocking out. Secondly, thanks to Ms. Thompson for participating and spreading the word. Now, let me do a little connect the dots to show some of the odd coincidences of this.

-- Ms. Thompson's column and blog is named Risky Business. That movie's main character was, of course, named Joel.

-- Thompson's post went up on her blog on March 26th, a nice present to receive just one day after my birthday!

-- The post that immediately preceded mine on her blog was about Phil Anschutz. Among other companies, he owns Walden Media, the company for whom I do the bulk of my freelance reading work.

-- I have an old friend who is also a reporter for THR, but he covers TV, not film, and to the best of my knowledge had nothing to do with the meme/questionnaire making its way to Thompson.

-- The story moved over to WGA East, of which I would have been more likely to become a member had I not made the move westward, two years ago. (Okay, that one is pushing it.)

What do all these coincidences mean? Not a whole hell of a lot, I'm sure, but it was fun to think of them!

Okay, so back to blogging in earnest tomorrow probably. Welcome new visitors, and please come back.

Tags: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but your birthday falls on the same day as my now ex-gf (as of her bday).

Luckily her name isn't Joel. Although it would make things easier for me...

- Allen

1:12 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Trickle down. I had 4(!) visitors today. Just looking at that ‘s’ on ‘visitors’ is a marvelous thing to behold.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Hey everyone, if you're not frequenting One Slack martian's site, you should be. He's a damn funny dude!

How's that for a plug, brother?

8:24 AM  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Best. Comment. Ever.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home