.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fun Joel's Screenwriting Blog

(OR EL DUDERINO IF YOU'RE NOT INTO THE WHOLE BREVITY THING)

-- On Screenwriting and Related Topics

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

I moved from NYC to LA in October, 2003. And though I still think NYC is the greatest city in the world, I'm truly loving life here in the City of Angels. I'm a writer, reader, and occasional picture-taker.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Just a Reminder...

Brick opens in Los Angeles and New York City this weekend! (HERE is my review of the screenplay.) In LA, it will be at the beautiful ArcLight, and in NYC at the arthouse to end all arthouses, the Angelika. Then it widens to other cities the following week.

By the way, there is a Friday night showing with writer-director Rian Johnson Q&A at the ArcLight. I won't be able to make that, but am considering hitting the midnight screening on Thursday night/Friday morning. Anyone interested in going to that as well? Let me know.

Also by the way, I want to make clear that I have no connection with this movie, and am not getting anything in return for promoting it. It is just one of the first films in a while that I've been really excited to see!

So, if you are in LA or NYC, just go see it. Okay? That is all.

Tags: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

The next time you're back East you'll have to coordinate a movie night for us scribes who miss out on all the fun gatherings in LA! In the meantime, I will add Brick to my list. Enjoy the opening!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Brick" is on my list because Rian Johnson discovered Dashiell Hammett the same way I did. He found out that the Coen Brothers based "Miller's Crossing" on "Red Harvest" and "The Glass Key," so I'm interested in seeing how the Hammett influence will play out.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home